Enroll your consumers in our Career Readiness Program for any of the following:
Career Readiness Group Sessions
• Computer class – Participants learn how to use the latest Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, etc.) during self-paced classes. The group meets twice per week for eight weeks.
• Keyboarding class – Participants receive instruction and help with typing on a computer keyboard and/or with 10-key typing skills. This ongoing class meets for one hour per week.
• Readiness class – Participants directed to this class study topics such as goal setting, understanding how to manage mental illness in the workplace, social skills, community networking and stress management. Participants in this class are committed to finding a job. The group meets twice per week for four weeks.
• Career class – This course provides participants with the skills necessary to begin an active job search. Topics include interview skills, cover letter writing, résumé development, job search strategies and reviewing employer expectations. The group meets twice per week for four weeks.
• Job club – Participants in this group receive support and guidance in their job search and share experiences with the group. The club meets once each week for two hours to share job leads, receive group support and feedback along with career developer guidance.
Individual Personal Career Development Sessions – One-on-one sessions are offered to assist participants with specific issues or challenges encountered in their job search and to ensure each individual is progressing toward his or her job goal.
COVA’s Career Readiness Program is funded by ADAMH, and individuals must meet SMD eligibility criteria to participate. COVA offers private pay options for those who do not meet the ADAMH criteria.
To make a referral or for more information, contact Barb Schmitzer at 614-291-0229 or email@example.com.